- Information we may collect
- How your personal data is collected
- Uses made of your information
- Information Sharing
- Keeping Data
- Your rights
- Child Safety
- External Links
- Payment Processing
- Storage of information
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it, what rights you have and how the law protects you. We require information to process your order, ensure safe and secure delivery, and to make your visit to the Site a more enjoyable shopping experience.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Arran Frances Ltd
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: East Side, Kings Cross Station, London, N1C 4AX
Telephone number: 0203 0360 665
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Data we may collect from you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data: includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
This information may be provided by placing an order on the Site, completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor. We and our partners will use these details to provide our and their services to you in fulfilling orders that you place with us. This may include us passing your information to our couriers in the event they need to contact you regarding your delivery and us passing your details to recognised credit checking agencies and/or credit card companies to assess your credit authorisation.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information that we need to fulfil a contract we have with you, we may not be able to perform the contract. In that case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Refer a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but the law does not consider it personal data because this data does not reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How your personal data is collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enquire about or purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:(a) analytics providers based inside or outside the EU;(b) advertising networks based inside or outside the EU;(c) search information providers inside or outside the EU;
(d) hosting services inside or outside the EU
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Epsilon Abacus.
- Identity and Contact Data from third parties that stock our products and services, or that we carry out joint promotions or competitions with.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Uses made of your information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Any data we do collect is used by us to help make the shopping experience we provide as enjoyable as possible and improve any future shopping experiences you have with us, and to send you details of any services or offers which we think might be of interest to you.
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the Site, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- administer and protect our business and the Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, or potential shopping basket recoveries, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
We may contact you by email, telephone or by post with marketing information, but only if you have registered with us for such information. You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Customer Care team.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that you cannot be identified) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you for research or statistical purposes.
Your rights include the following:
- the right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information.
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge.*
- the right to ask us to erase your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- the right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it has an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
*You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by law if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you wish to unsubscribe from any postal, telephone or email communications from us or exercise any other of the above rights please contact our Customer Care team.
We may need to ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights).
This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anybody who does not have a right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all valid requests within the period required by applicable law. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA.
The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
Cookies do lots of important jobs on the Site and help to make your online experience more personal and more enjoyable. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, you are able to disable our cookies if you choose. If you do so, you may find that certain parts of the Site do not work at all, or do not work correctly.
You can disable and/or delete all types of cookies by using your browser settings. Cookies are generally easy to disable and/or delete but how you do so varies from browser to browser. The “help” function within your browser should tell you how to do it. The best way may be to close your browser and then search for “cookie folder” or “cookie manager” or simply “cookie”.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
Any changes we may make to our policies in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or post.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Arran Frances Ltd
Kings Cross Station